Welcome!

I am an Atlanta native and made the decision in 2007 to leave my job as an architect/urban planner to get my real estate license. This was a difficult decision but has been great since my very first day in my new career and I am really enjoying it! It is so rewarding helping people find that perfect home, and it allows me to continue to satiate my love of good architecture and great neighborhoods!

I attended Georgia Tech (GO JACKETS!!!!) which is where I met my husband. For almost a decade we lived in one of Atlanta's fabulous in-town neighborhoods in a great 1920's Craftsman bungalow with our two dogs and two cats. Following the birth of our first child, we bought a foreclosure in the west Buckhead area and fully renovated it using an FHA 203k loan, which was a fun and sometimes daunting process. And just prior to the birth of our second child, we purchased and renovated a home in downtown Historic Roswell, completing our personal tour of some of Atlanta's best neighborhoods to live in!

I decided to create this blog in order to share useful information and resources about the real estate market and home buying process, as well as hopefully bring some humor and levity to what is often a complex and intimidating process. Enjoy!!!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

My old firm is in the news!!!

Urban Collage: Small firm, giant imprint
Company founded by Tech alums has shaped metro Atlanta's growth
By PAUL DONSKY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 05/01/08

You've likely never heard of Urban Collage, but you're probably familiar with many of the projects the urban planning firm has worked on. The Beltline. The redevelopment of Atlanta's public housing projects. Midtown Atlanta's push to create a more walkable, inviting street life.

In suburban Atlanta, the company is helping Suwanee create a new town center and the Perimeter Center business district transform into a more dense, pedestrian-friendly area.

Dozens of other projects and efforts bear Urban Collage's imprint, from Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin's dream of returning streetcars to Peachtree Street to efforts to overhaul the Ga. 400 corridor in Fulton.

That client list demonstrates how influential the tiny, 12-person company has been in helping shape metro Atlanta's explosive growth over the last decade.

"Atlanta has been such a great laboratory for us," said Stan Harvey, who founded the company 11 years ago with Bob Begle, a fellow Georgia Tech graduate school alum. "Planning, by nature, you have to wait a long time to see results. But in Atlanta, you see results of the planning very, very quickly."


Read the rest of this great article here! I am really proud to be able to say I am part of the Urban Collage family, and that I personally worked on every single project mentioned in the article. They get mad at me when I call Urban Collage the premiere urban design firm in the southeast, but they are too modest, because it is true. In fact, I would argue that they are one of maybe 3 of the premiere urban design firms in the country. Urban Collage is an amazing firm with amazing people, they are like family to me, and this press is certainly long deserved. Way to go, guys!

No comments: